Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

PLES389ECG broiler will not shut off after self clean

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately if the broils turns on all the time it means that the relay fused when in self clean. The broiler is used for self cleaning and it draws a lot of power so the relay can stick sometimes. Unfortunately the relay is part of the display control board so the entire display board needs to be replaced to resolve this issue I'm sorry to say so below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for display board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?