Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE Dual Wave Micro Wave/ Oven and need to replace

Customer Question

I have a GE Dual Wave Micro Wave/ Oven and need to replace the Micro wave. Is this possible ?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It indicates 1985 Model # JKP77GOO2B
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: The interior light on the Micro Wave oven comes on but that is all. Nothing else works..
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has been sometime and I cannot recall but everything seemed to work fine with no problems at all then all at once the Micro wave stopped working. I am at a loss as to what to do at this point in time.
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your microwave oven. Unfortunately I'm sorry to say that you can not replace the microwave separately from the oven. If the entire unit is dead, you'd want to remove the microwave and plug it into a separate outlet to ensure it's getting power. If so, then there is likely a fuse inside the has failed. If it lights up when you plug into another outlet then you have a bad receptacle on the oven where the microwave plugs into the oven.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.