Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I can't get the Maytag Atlantis washer to turn on. We just

Customer Question

I can't get the Maytag Atlantis washer to turn on. We just moved into the house so I have no history with the machine. I have tried plugging the machine into various outlets that I know to be working.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: could be ten years old or more. It a top loading Maytag Atlantis. Oversize capacity Plus
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is simple.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your washer today. First, there are only 2 things that can cause your washer to be 100% dead and that would be no power getting to the washer or a bad lid switch assembly. It sounds like you've already tried other outlets so the unit is getting power which means that the lid switch below the control panel has failed and needs to be ordered and replaced. You'll need the full model number located on a sticker on the back of the control panel on the far left to look up the correct part number but the part is about $50 or so and if your'e handy you can replace it yourself.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.