Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore

I have KDFE104DSS2 dishwasher. It still works, but some

Customer Question

I have KDFE104DSS2 dishwasher. It still works, but some drops of water and food still in machine when done.??
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: No on test cycle???? How??
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Might still be under warranty, not sure, but yes if I can. We live in a small town in the country.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I was thinking some food or something is in it or drying element. But I have never seen food in bottom and on door before.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dave. Sorry to hear that you’re having this issue. If you are still seeing food debris at the end of the cycle you are either not getting enough water or not properly draining each time it drains. Let it fill for the main wash and the water should reach the bottom of the round float in the right front corner or lift it slightly. See if it full drains all the water and that the filter is in place in the bottom. Let me know what you see.