Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a climate control drawer in my ge monogram and i cant

Customer Question

i have a climate control drawer in my ge monogram and i cant turn it off
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its the 36x42x48 built in .....dont see model ......probably 10 yrs old maybe
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: whirring sound, contol is locked - i cant unlock it........numbers flashing on # of hours for thaw
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing happened, i just started hearing the whirring sound.....have tried to adjust but it locked and i cant unlock by pressing
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.
  1. Unplugging or turning the main power switch off for a few minutes should reset the control for that drawer. The model tag is behind the decorative panel above the doors.
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?