John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Had a problem with defrost, replaced drain and unplugged

Customer Question

Had a problem with defrost, replaced drain and unplugged drain. Restarted, freezer O>K refrain stays at 58
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

And do you have a model number so I can better assist you? The model will be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?