Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Cannot turn of lock function on new dishwasher, so can't

Customer Question

cannot turn of lock function on new dishwasher, so can't wash dishes
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: well darn, can't go any farther, all I brought was the serial #--I have the huge set up sheet but just realized it does not have make and model on it. I'll try tomorrow-I did not that there is nothing writing on the washer itself --except whirlpool.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I cant afford a repair man, and we just past the 30 days for the store to take it back,,,
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: so yes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If your control lock function is engaged all you need to do is press and hold one of the buttons for 5 seconds to unlock the control panel. Now without the model number I can't tell you which button is your control lock button but just press and hold each one for 5 seconds one by one and one of them should unlock the control panel.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.