Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have a Maytag dryer model MED9600SQo and it won't come

Customer Question

we have a Maytag dryer model MED9600SQo and it won't come on. When the door is open the tub light does come on.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The dryer is probably 8 years old and the model MED9600AQ0.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes my son will do it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't know, I am thinking that it is the thermal fuse or limit switch?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dryer today. You'll want to start by unplugging the dryer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will restart. If that doesn't work, check and make sure you're getting 220 volts to the back of the dryer where the power cord connects to the terminal block. If you're getting 110 volts and not 220 volts the lights will come on but not the rest of the dryer. If the power is correct, the display control board will need to be ordered and replaced because it has just failed so below is a link to the part which is about $300 or so.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am trying to get ahold of my son to try the unplugging, and will get bac to you.
THanks, Karen
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

alright good luck to you.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?