Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My frigidaire oven door will not close, it is hitting a

Customer Question

My frigidaire oven door will not close, it is hitting a hook, maybe the one that locks oven when cleaning. My husband could not figure out how to turn on a burner and hit every daggone thing on the the range. Pitiful!!!!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is probably 9 years old, not sure of the model, it is built in and has touch pad for all oven controls. The burners have knobs.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can have model info tomorrow if that will help and I could take a photo as well.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Open the door and hold the light switch down on the frame edge and grab the hook for the door lock and gently press it the opposite direction while starting a self clean cycle and then cancel it and the latch should rotate and release.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!