Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I just had two error codes on my washer and I was trying to

Customer Question

I just had two error codes on my washer and I was trying to figure it out.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpool duet, about 5 years old ?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: hopefully I'm hoping it doesn't involve "work" Just trying to figure out what the problem is
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What is the model and error codes?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Whirlpool duet F01 E02

That means there is an issue with the MCU board on the unit, you will likely need to replace the Motor Control Board to fix that issue. Note please get me the complete model number off the machine so I can give you accurate testing for this as well.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
To be honest, and totally nothing against you, I feel like I was forced into spending money on something I had not intention of spending money on at this time. Before you responded, I was able to reset the washing machine myself and it's running fine now. I really would like my money refunded. Do you have any idea how I would go about doing this?