Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have a Maytag MHWC7500YWO The unit does not go into high

Customer Question

Hey Pearl, We have a Maytag MHWC7500YWO The unit does not go into high speed spin. I ran it through the diagnostic test and have a F 25 code. This unit is in a difficult spot so I was hoping to order parts and make the repair in one shot.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: MHWC7500YWO maybe 3 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Oh yes I am an HVAC tech so I think I can handle it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The unit goes through the cycles just doesn't high speed spin.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your washer today. Unfortunately F25 means there is a communication error between the motor control board (MCU) and the main central machine control board (MCU). You can check the wires between the motor control board and the machine control board to make sure they are plugged in securely but if so there is no test you can perform to know which board is at fault. Typically the motor control board is the faulty board so you'll want to replace the MCU first. If the problem persists then you'd need to replace the CCU.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?