Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a whirlpool washer mod#LA5558XSW0. There is a green

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool washer mod#LA5558XSW0. There is a green wire coming from the main wiring cluster that looks like it should be attach like a ground . It has two copper ends aprox 6 " apart where a metal screw should go but I don`t know where. The back of the washer is already grounded to the cabinet with its own darker green wire.Can you help me with this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

This green wire with the 2 copper ends connects to the electronic water valve itself. There are screws going into the valve that you can unscrew to screw in the ground wire and that grounds out the valve if the valve were to short out for any reason.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.