Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I just bought a used Whirlpool frig with ice maker--model

Customer Question

I just bought a used Whirlpool frig with ice maker--model ED25PDXFN02--and where the ice is dispensed needs cleaning where hard water deposits are. I have cleaned it with CalciumLimeRust remover but can't get under the plastic on the back part of the ice lever. Is there a way to remove it for cleaning with breaking it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Taking apart the dispenser is not an easy task, but if you wanted to do so you'd start by unplugging the refrigerator. Remove the drip tray at the bottom of the dispenser and then use a small flat head screwdriver and pry at the bottom below the dispenser frame. There are little slots between the front freezer door skin and the bottom of the dispenser frame which you can slide the flat head screwdriver into and then pry out to pop the bottom of the dispenser at which point you can remove the dispenser frame. After that you can just remove the screws and remove the dispenser bracket if you need to clean the parts. Be sure to unplug the refrigerator before servicing the unit.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?