Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My parents gave us their fairy new Maytag front loader -

Customer Question

Hello! My parents gave us their fairy new Maytag front loader - worked great at their house - water supply lines are correctly connected and water does flow through (we checked) but water is not flowing into the machine. Add a garment and wash lights are both on. Could something have happened during the move? We moved it upright on a dolly. Thanks!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Let me check -
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: Model MHW6000XWZ Type 120-02
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing happened before - we just moved the machine from my parents to our house - this happened after re-connecting and trying to start machine.
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• If it was working fine and you are sure the water supply is good, you likely have a wire that has come off. However, if you are using the Flood Safe hoses with shut off valves in them, they will not work. What type of hoses are you using?