Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I can not get the oven drawer back in all the way! amana

Customer Question

i can not get the oven drawer back in all the way!
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: amana model arg7300ww. 15 yrs
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: pulled drawer out all the way and now it wont close all the way. it seems to be getting stuck on the left side. nothing is under there to block it tho
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I was just putting pans in the drawer and pulled it out too far. I emptied the drawer to put it back on track but no luck
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

You may have just got it over the lock tab on the track it may need to just be pushed harder to reengage the lock. Try pressing the drawer a bit harder in and it should go back in fine. Also make sure nothing fell out of the drawer behind it that would be stopping it on that side, that happens a lot and is hard to see.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!