Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I'd like to buy a microwave model #PMOR30S dacor door

Customer Question

I'd like to buy a microwave model #PMOR30S dacor door handle.
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Mfg in 2001 0r 2002; dacor, model may beXA1261155
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: microwave works fine. Plastic door handle has broken 2 times now
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The handle is poorly designed. Dacor has moded the design with spacer washers to limit the stress on the handle. Usually the lower connection fractures over time, especially if there are a lot of short people grabbing on the bottom half of the handle over time.
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately this handle fails often and it's just a bad design. Either way all you can do is either replace the handle or replace the microwave, there is no better design for the handle so below is a link to the handle if you wanted to order it.

CLICK HERE for handle

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.