Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a Norcold model N811 refrigerator in my camper. A few

Customer Question

I have a Norcold model N811 refrigerator in my camper. A few days ago while at our campsite and while it was running on AC power the yellow gas light came on and the green power light started blinking. It blinks 3 times and ten paused a moment and repeats. It had been maintaining a cold temp (between 40 and 45 degrees) but now the temps is rising.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one trying to assist you today. I was able to find a quick check list that you can run through to make sure that your refrigerator is running correctly. If you wouldn't mind to take a look at these things and see if you are doing these things.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The info on this web site has nothing to do with my problem. I've gone thru the troubleshooting procedures and know that it is not leaking ammonia so I am thinking that it is something to do with the electronics of the system. I have recently replaced the thermistor and have added an auxiliary condenser fan. Do you have any experience dealing with Norcold units? I was under the impression that I would be dealing with someone qualified.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I do have some experience with them but apparently not enough to figure out what this problem could possibly be. I am going to opt out of this question and open it up to our other experts to see if they may have any other ideas. We appreciate your patience and someone will be along with you shortly.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

That means there is an issue with the AC heater. You need to check the heater for continuity you should see around 38 ohms. If so you need to replace the board, if not replace the heater.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!