John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

The microwave JMC 7000 has fallen silent. I was reading the

Customer Question

The microwave JMC 7000 has fallen silent. I was reading the previous exchange from 7 years ago trying to figure out whether to just give up on it rather than going for repairs, since it is 15-20 years old. It is a Jenn air combo with oven and I am trying to understand whether anything else is going to fit those dimensions,
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: what is says on it is JMC7000ADB J7NF and i am not finding anythin ont he oven
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i don't want to generate a bill without knowing it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

When you say it has gone silent what do you mean?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there you are. I couldn't find this screen. I am ready to go when you are. I don't have any skills. Just trying to figure out whether to let this microwave (and related oven?) go or whether to seek a service call
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
let me know if you are out there
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have to go. I would love to use your service re my jenn air microwave and I already put in my credit card. I am available again at 3. If there is anyone who can do an exchange with me please email me at***@******.***If not please cancel my credit card payment. Thanks. *****

David just let me know when you are here ok I am around all day and night

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello I am back. Are you there?David

Yes I am here

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you have the conversation to this point. The issue is the Jenn Air microwave I have JMC7000ADB.It doesn't respond. I understand that this is an interlinked issue with the oven it is paired with, which is working.My wife was under the impression that it is the motherboard, though the googling makes me think it is a fuse.Either way the issue is whether it would be better just to let it go, or whether I should be paying some kind of minimum to have someone look at it.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think I am misunderstanding how this works. It has been a half hour. I am going to stop asking and see if I can get a refund.Thanks. I have heard it is a good site but I can't sit here.