Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

For the second time since August 7th, my Sears Kenmore Elite

Customer Question

For the second time since August 7th, my Sears Kenmore Elite reports on the digital panel Er FF and I don't know what to do. The last time this happened I was on vacation and everything in my freezer trhaawed and had to be thrown out. A Sears tech was scheduled to come to m,y home. He called me, asked if the freezer was working and I said yes. He said a power surge may have been the problem. Monitor it and see what happens. Now I can't get a scheduled repair until Sept. 6th! Help
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Purchased April, 2014. model(###) ###-####
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, but the sears tech told me that if I unplug the fridge for 2 minutes and then plug it in the fridge will reprogram itself. I haven't tried that yet. Can you tell me what Er FF means on the digital readout on the door of the fridge?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so, if I think of something else, I'll tell you. Er FF what does it mean?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• Unplugging it for a few minutes may reset the error but it will need to be addressed. The issue is that the Freezer Fan circuit has problems. It may be that the motor is failing or there is a connection issue. In any case, the fan motor will need to be accessed for inspection and likely replacement. This repair will require complete disassembly of the freezer.