Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Have a Dometic RM2611 All lights work on front of unit, both

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, Have a Dometic RM2611 All lights work on front of unit, both gas and AC. On gas the burner lights and everything gets warm, coils and inside. You can hear water gurgling noise. Everything stays warm. No smell of ammonia or yellow or muddy substance in back of refrigerator. All light say in front it is working. Any ideas?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: 1995 Dometic RM2611
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Does it not work on electric either?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, same thing, lights work, it just gets warm. Makes water gurgling sounds. No smell of ammonia.

The unit is out of gas then even though you hear the gurgling it is out of gas and the cooling system will need to be changed out. There is nothing else that will cause that issue. You can get a new cooling unit installed in it for about(###) ###-####dollars.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!