Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore Elite Ultraclean dishwasher and the Cancel

Customer Question

Hi I have a Kenmore Elite Ultraclean dishwasher and the Cancel light keeps blinking and beeping. Is there a way to reset this? I cannot choose any wash cycles
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Purchased in 2014. Display panel is not on the front, but on the top of the door so that you cannot see buttons when closed. Either model number(###) ###-####or(###) ###-#### Cannot find the exact number on the machine.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately this is not something you can just reset other than to try to unplug the dishwasher or flip the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes. If that doesn't reset the issue then your touch control panel has just failed because the cancel light blinking means that the dishwasher thinks the cancel button has been held for more than 17 seconds which means the touchpad is shorted I'm afraid to say. The touchpad would need to be replaced to resolve that issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
While your answer was very prompt, I find it a shame that you made me pay for that before you answered me. I would have paid for the expert advice if it were fixable, however knowing that you couldn't offer support you still charged me.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would like to make sure I am not charged for ANYTHING beyond the $5 you already charged me. If there is another charge, I will contact my credit card company and dispute it. I will not be set up on a "plan" for answers. Thank you.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

unfortunately I can't control what fails on your dishwasher I hope you understand that. Its much cheaper to know what's wrong through this service than having someone like me come out to your house and tell you the same thing. Based on what you are stating I or anyone else should never even reply to someone that has an issue they can't just reset and let you keep waiting in the dark because you don't believe my time is worth paying for unless I can tell you how to reset an issue without replacing a part.