Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I think my GD27xdfxfn sxs refrig. has a leaking drip pan.

Customer Question

I think my GD27xdfxfn sxs refrig. has a leaking drip pan. Can't figure out how to slide the pan out to check it for leaks. The pan is blocked in the front by the water filter and on the right side and the back by tubing, wiring and other components. Can you tell me how to remove the pan. There appears to be a foam pad under the pan. I can feel the pad from the front of the refrig. behind the base grille and the pad is wet. We have been getting water puddles on the floor just in front of the refrig. Don Hassinger(###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• The drain pan is not likely what is leaking. I suspect the freezer's defrost drain may be plugged. If you look at the freezer floor, is there a sheet of ice there? If so, the defrost drain is plugged. That drain is located behind the rear panel inside the freezer, at the bottom under the aluminum evaporator coil. Let me know if you see a sheet of ice on the freezer floor.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Kelly, I went to Whirlpool.com looking for customer service. When I agreed to a $5.00 charge on my credit card I thought I gave the authorization to Whirlpool, not some other company. Now you guys are trying to get me to sign up for some annual program you are offering. I don't want the annual program. I asked for the $5.00 charge to be credited back to my credit card. Please confirm that you are issuing the credit. Don Hassinger
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

I have no access to anything account related, I am just a technician on the site.