Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My GE microwave is less than 5 years old. Clock and all

Customer Question

My GE microwave is less than 5 years old. Clock and all buttons seem it work, but it will not cook and the turntable does not turn. Is it time for a new one or is there a easy fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

If the microwave still counts down and the clock works but the turn table won't run then one of your door switches on your microwave has failed. There are 3 door switches and you'd need to test them with a multimeter to determine which one has failed. Just replace the faulty door switch and you should be good to go again. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to test the door switches on a microwave although access may not be the same for your model number.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?