Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

New maytag bravos dryer purchased at sears outlet may 28

Customer Question

new maytag bravos dryer purchased at sears outlet may 28 2016 no longer has heat, only tumbles
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: MEDX655DWI brand new
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Isn't it under warranty for repair by someone who knows what to do?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Serial number M60819507 purchased -new - less than three months ago
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dryer today. If the dryer isn't heating, try to flip the circuit breaker off to the dryer and then re-apply power to make sure it's getting 220 volts and not just 110 volts. Other than that, you likely have a bad heating element or bad thermostat/fuse. The unit will be under warranty for functional issues even if it was bought at the outlet store unless stated otherwise by the store at the time of purchase. You'd want to call Whirlpool who own Maytag to get a warranty technician to come out and repair whatever has failed. Their number is *****

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?