Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

We had a power surge and now our Frigidaire refrigerator

Customer Question

We had a power surge and now our Frigidaire refrigerator won't cool. The lights are on and it will pump water through the door access, but it's not cooling.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We've lived here 3 years and it came with the house. Model PLHS269ZDB3
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's not too complicated.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: There is no sound, so no fan is running.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If after the power surge the unit will not run, no fans nothing then the power surge blew the control board in the unit and it will have to be replaced:

Defrost Temperature Control

Part #:###-##-####- click here

here is a video that shows the location of the board and how to replace it, the board comes with installation instructions, on your model you most likely will not have to replace the wiring harness as shown in the video you will just unplug the old board and plug the new one in. click here for video

*******************************************************************************

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page 3 stars or higher. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your help.

you are welcome, please remember to rate the answer before leaving today by clicking on the 5th star of the star rating system at the top of the page. Thanks in advance.