Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My samsung rf266aepn stopped working. about 4-5 years old.

Customer Question

my samsung rf266aepn stopped working.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 4-5 years old. rf266aepn
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: have it unplugged now
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

When you say it stopped working do you mean its does nothing at all, no lights no nothing no power?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is a slight flickering of the deli tray lights if you have both the power cool and power freeze bottoms pushed.
Otherwise nothing. The back panel gets hot on the rear of the refrigerator if plugged in for a while.

The main power board on the unit has failed and needs to be replaced. Its located behind the cover on the back on the unit:

Refrigerator Power Control Board

Part #: DA41-00404E - click here

*******************************************************************************

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page 3 stars or higher. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.