Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Our control panel is blank is that fuse a plug in fuse or

Customer Question

Hi there- Our control panel is blank is that fuse a plug in fuse or does it require soldering
JA: What's the brand and model number of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Whirlpool Accubake RBD305PDQ14 approximately 8 years old
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: display panel is blank can't see temperature but oven is still working
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: display got dimmer and then completely went out. haven't really troubleshooted
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope. Thank you!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If the oven is still working, it is not a fuse issue but a problem with the display. The display is part of the main control and it will need to be replaced as an assembly. The control for your model is available below.

I am preparing replacement instructions for you now. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

See the attached pages for replacing that control.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. Thank you so much!