Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Have Maytag mah8700aww and getting the e3 code during spin

Customer Question

Have Maytag mah8700aww and getting the e3 code during spin cycle. seems like motor won't spin the drum, but seeing many have found connector issues?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: MAH8700AWW and its about 10 years old.
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: Error code E3, noisy drum and seems like its out of balance, it will not discharge water and stops spinning
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We washed 3ft by 2 ft throw rug, the rubber backing plugged the pump, I cleaned and shortly after, we started to experience this issue.
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• The error you are seeing means that the control sees an issue with the motor circuit (see attached page). I suspect the tub supports may have broken. If you open the door and lift up and down on the inner spin tub, does it move? If so, the tub support is indeed faulty. Let me know what you find, please.