Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My whirlpool washer wtw4800bq0 is not going through the spin

Customer Question

My whirlpool washer wtw4800bq0 is not going through the spin cycle, it goes through all cycles but doesn't spin, I turn it to drain and spin and it will spin. I unplugged it for awhile to see if it would reset on it's own but it hasn't. Any other suggestions ? I think it's out of warranty. I can make it spin but shouldn't have to.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: wtw4800bq0 serial C40421599
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yup
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How to retset it to make it complete the spin cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If you can put the washer on drain and spin and it spins but does not in the cycles but goes through the cycles then the main board is bad and needs to be replaced:

Washer Electronic Control Board

Part #: W10581897 - click here

*******************************************************************************

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page 3 stars or higher. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and un-rated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?