Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My dryer is about 5 years old maytag bravos mct it will not

Customer Question

my dryer is about 5 years old maytag bravos mct it will not start all the lights come on but when you put the setting you want it does not show
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model # mgdb850wq0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends if it is something i can do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: any ideai what it might be
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• Unplug the dryer or turn the breaker off for about 15 minutes to reset the electronics. Any change when it is powered back up?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It did not work
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

In the diagram at the link below, number 6 is the main control. It has failed and will need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Access is gained by removing the rear access cover from the control panel.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. Thank you so much!