Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a similar problem to this thread. Whirlpool Gold Quit

Customer Question

I have a similar problem to this thread. Whirlpool Gold Quit Partner IV will start and fill with water but nothing happens. The wash cycle does not start. When I hit conceal it drains the dishwasher. Ban control panel?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Installed in 2008
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: The lines go around in a
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: circle
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it the motor Part number(###) ###-####or or the control panel that has gone bad part number (###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I bought the motor (whirlpool Part Number(###) ###-#### for the dishwasher but from what I have ready on your site it is not the issue it is the control panel. If you think it is the control panel do I need the whole assembly Whirlpool Part Number W10102475 or the Control Electric Whirlpool Part Number(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2008 I think
Model Number GU2700XTSB1
We had a gray out in electric from NineStar and then the problem began.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Next I tried test mode Heat Dry Normal Heat Dry Normal. All the lights come on then it shows d3 then 07clean light comes on. I rapid advance by pressing the Strat/Resume Key.• 00 Start
• 14 Normal Light
• 13 Rinse
• 11 Rinse
• 10 Normal light
• 9 Rinse Clean and Sanitize come on
• 8 Normal
• 7Rinse
• 6Normal
• 5 Rinse
• 4 Normal water strat to run
• 3 rinse water keeps running
• 2Normal
• 1 Rinse
Cancel 2 comes on until it pumps out the water.I try running the waher again and the problem persisted.At first I thought it was the motor part number(###) ###-#### Now I think it is the control panel that has gone bad. Any suggestion other than buying a new dishwasher?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• Typically, when a motor fails, it will hum or buzz but not start. So, if it is silent after it fills, I suspect power is not getting to the motor. I would check the wiring where it bends around the tub at the bottom of the door and, if you have a meter, test the voltage to the motor. If wiring looks intact and no voltage, replace the control, available below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I replaced the control panel in my Whirlpool Quiet Partner IV dishwasher, LED bar goes round in circles and then the clock counts down but the wash arms do not run. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Did you replace the control that I linked you to or the panel with the buttons?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Motor hums but the wash arms do not work. Do I need to replace the pump motor assembly?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

If the motor hums, there is probably just something stuck in the chopper. The link below shows how to access the chopper. Will it turn by hand?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I took out the chopping cleaned it and it moves freely by hand. But I don not have the foreign debris cover next to the chopper cover.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Did the coupler on the chopper turn the motor when you turned it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it did.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Great, thank you! Does it still hum after it fills or have you tried it again?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Putting back together now will let you know.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do I need the foreign debris cover next to the chopper cover?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Your model does not have one, it is a different set up but the same basic design.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It was a very small piece of plastic wrap that got caught in the chopper. Installed everything and it's working fine now. Thank you for your help!
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Very well done, nice work!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. Thank you so much!