Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I accidentally locked my microwave. I followed my manual

Customer Question

I accidentally locked my microwave. I followed my manual directions to unlock it and it worked except it does not heat. Please HELP !
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Hi, It
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It is one year old. Sears Kenmore Modell(###) ###-####
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Everything appears fine just no heat, I did set the power to High. It was fine before it locked up.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If the unit isn't heating but it still all runs, either your magnetron has failed or the unit is in demo mode. Let's try to exit demo mode in case it's in demo mode. To do this, press Clock and Settings 6 times until oP-6 appears on the screen. Then press Start to change the demo mode to on or oFF. Try the microwave again once you have set it to oFF and if it still won't heat, you'd need a new magnetron because it has failed I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You did not help at all. It is not in demo mode and it was great before it went into lock mode. It does not nee a magnetron it is new. I want a refund!