Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My twenty five year old 14 cup food processor just stopped

Customer Question

My twenty five year old 14 cup food processor just stopped working. No hum, no clicking, just silence. Was working fine before hand.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• I suspect there is a thermal fuse in line with the motor that has opened. Typically, these are not replaceable but I am happy to check.
  • May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Model is DFP-14BC (type 33)
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Nothing is showing as available beyond the accessories. There are no service parts listed. However, oftentimes there are part numbers on the fuses. Are you able to disassemble the unit to access the motor area and do you have a meter to test electrical with?