Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Miele Optima G2420. There is a leak under the unit

Customer Question

I have a Miele Optima G2420. There is a leak under the unit where the intake hose connects to a what appears to be some kind of white plastic tank. The connection seems to be tight.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• Oftentimes, the water will run down from the Waterproof System hose and appear at that connection but actually be leaking from the valve that is in the hose. Can you see if the water is running down from there or from above that tank?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This isn't the exact answer, but when I turned the machine on its left side (as you face the machine) and removed the drip pan, there did not appear to be a leak even when the water was turned on. After turning it back to its normal position it was dry until I turned the water on again. At that point it's too hard to see anything.Does that help narrow it down?Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

It does sound like the valve in the Waterproof Assembly has issues, especially if it leaks when not running. That is only available as as an assembly and only from Miele.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If it is the waterproof system, I should be able to find more water resting in the sleeve, right? I'll check tomorrow.Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

I would imagine, yes. Would you like the service manual for that machine?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do I get that?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

I will send it to you! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

You can download it below.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I took a closer look and I don't think that it is related to the hose. I elevated the dishwasher and looked at it from underneath. It is leaking further up inside the machine. The leak comes between the hose and the yellow adapter from somewhere much higher. I attached a photo.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Hmm, is it a steady leak, like maybe the tank is cracked and leaking?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I turn on the machine it is a steady leak.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Can you access the tank for a close inspection, seeing if it may be cracked?