Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

Jenn Aire stove just started beeping an alarm - apparently

Customer Question

Jenn Aire stove just started beeping an alarm - apparently associated with "oven Probe" which I have never, ever used. Help! How can I turn this off. Saturday night, no repair fellows available.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: probably about 10 years. If I can, I will try to find documentation
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, but I must make this stop as I have company coming tomorrow night.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 3 months ago.

hello , if you have never used the probe then the problem would be in the circuit board, you can locate the breaker for the oven turn it off for 3 min to reset the board,it will be a double breaker in the breaker box ,hopefully marked? if it resets you can get a part at a later date ..if it doesnt reset you can always just leave that breaker off while your company is there if you dont need the oven ..thats all you can do without replacing parts to get thru the day