Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

We recently had trouble with the ice dispenser not working

Customer Question

We recently had trouble with the ice dispenser not working at all and replaced part no(###) ###-#### with a replacement kit. Now the ice dispenser is intermittent. Is there another part that we should be looking at?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• A very common source of trouble with the dispenser is a connection issue at the connector on the freezer door hinge. The wires are constantly flexing and are common to break. Can you inspect the connector and wiring at the hinge?
  • May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?