Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My freezer is overflowed with ice. I turned off the ice

Customer Question

My freezer is overflowed with ice. I turned off the ice maker a while ago, in case that is what's causing the problem. There is also some leaking of water coming from down the freezer. The temperature is set at 4 in both refrigerator and freezer, and has never been changed. What may be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• I suspect the defrost drain line may be plugged. If you open the doors and unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours, it will thaw out. You can also remove the rear panel from inside the freezer to manually access that drain for thawing. If you provide the model number, I can provide detailed instructions for disassembly.