Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

I have an old sears gas stove modelit's beeping and the

Customer Question

I have an old sears gas stove model(###) ###-####it's beeping and the digital display says F-1?????
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just started this morning according to my husband I just got home and I hit the cancel and within a minute it starts beeping again
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't know it depends what it needs
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not at this time what's the f-1 and what can I do to stop the beeping
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The F1 error code is a faulty control board here is what the tech data says :

To confirm if the electronic oven control is faulty; disconnect the range from the power source for 1 minute. Reapply the power source and observe the display for at least a couple of minutes. If the fault code returns, disconnect the power supply and replace the electronic oven control.

The part number for the control is Parts #: 338692.

The problem is the control is no longer being manufactured so you can't buy one new anymore.

You can send it in to have it repaired, here is a company you can send it to _ click here

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page 3 stars or higher. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.