Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a GE Washer Profile Harmony and it will not agitate

Customer Question

I have a GE Washer Profile Harmony and it will not agitate but it will spin, when the water is added to the first of the cycle it will try to agitate but makes a grinding noise. It does pump out the water effectively but will not agitate, is it the coupling that is stripped?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• There is most likely an issue with the plastic part that the agitator is attached to the drive shaft with. Dos the motor run even though it does not agitate well?
  • May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?