Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

I have an F70 error for a maytag commercial front-load

Customer Question

I have an F70 error for a maytag commercial front-load washer
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2-4 years old (in use, no idea how old the machine is). model is MHN30PRBWW0
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: error code flashes. in service/config mode no diagnostics will run
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: a tenant ran a wash load successfully. i believe the error code started to display after the door was opened
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: this is the 2nd time we've had a problem with the CCU that's about it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The F70 error on that unit means :

Communication between Central Control Unit (CCU) and User Interface (UI) has failed.

Here is the troubleshooting procedure for that error, there is not really much it can be if not the wiring:

Possible Causes – Electrical connection between CCU and UI is damaged. Procedure

1. Clear error code.

2. Unplug the washer or disconnect power.

3. Verify that the communication cable is connected in the upper connector of the UI.

4. Verify continuity in the cable between the CCU and the UIC. If, after these procedures, the continuity test fails, replace the communication cable. If F70 is still present, replace the UI control.

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer 3 stars or higher. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and un-rated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?