Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

The ice maker keeps freezing up and will not dispense ice.

Customer Question

The ice maker keeps freezing up and will not dispense ice. Now I cannot get the ice tray to come out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The water inlet valve must have a slight drip to it allowing water to continue to drip on to the ice maker even after it has filled causing it to over flow and to eventually freeze and cause the issue you are having. The water inlet valve will need to be replaced to fix that issue. If the water inlet valve does not have a small drip to it then the ice maker needs to be replaced because its not completing the harvest cycle and dumping the ice before its calling for water again. Let me know if you have any questions.

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer 3 stars or higher. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and un-rated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?