Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

GE front load washer was in spinning cycle got unplugged now

Customer Question

GE front load washer was in spinning cycle got unplugged now I have no power and the door will not open
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• Unplug it for at least 15 minutes to allow the board components to discharge and the board to reset. Let me know if the control does not reset, please.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Still no power same thing
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. So it is totally dead, no lights or beeps at all? You have verified power at the wall outlet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I plug the hair dryer in and it has power at the outlet No Beeps no nothing
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

It is likely that the control was damaged when the machine lost power during a high current draw time when the tub was spinning. Unless there is a wire that may have come off (very unlikely), I suspect the control will need to be replaced. There are three screws alone the back edge of the panel and maybe a couple at the back of the control trim on the top that will allow the top to be removed when they are removed. Once the top is off, you will be able to reach down and pull the door lock release lever to open the door to get the clothes out and access the model number.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would this fall under my warranty it can't be no older than 3 or 4 years old
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Typically not but some had longer than 1 year warranty on the control. With a mode and serial number I can check.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The model tag is around the opening behind the door.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

That model has only one year warranty, nothing will be covered, unfortunately.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You think it might be the control panel
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Yes, if it totally dead, the main control is likely faulty. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The control is shown as number 30 in the diagram at the link below. That is for model GFWR4805F0MC. Did you omit the 5 from your original post?

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The part will be here Thursday
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thank you.