Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Refrigerator, model JSD 2789 DE water is accumulating and

Customer Question

refrigerator, model JSD 2789 DE
water is accumulating and freezing on the bottom of my freezer.
I have turned off the water supply, drained and emptied the ice maker, gone back into operation for 3 weeks (without the water turned on) and it is accumulating again.
It tells me the water supply was not the problem I suspected.
Is there some kind of a drain system that might be plugged?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

every 8-12 hours your refrigerator goes into a defrost cycle to melt the ice off the evaporator coils, then the water goes down the defrost drain tube to the defrost pan under the fridge, if the tube gets stopped up it will cause the water to back up into the fridge. The drain will have to be cleaned out.

The drain is located behind the back panel in the freezer under the evaporator coils you will need to remove the back panel and you will see a small hole under the evaporator that is where the water is suppose to drain, get a air hose if you have an air compressor or a turkey baster and hot water and blow the drain out until the water drains down the hole properly and it will be fixed, let me know if you have any questions.

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer 3 stars or higher. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.