Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Rf266 Samsung fridge, condesor fan not turning on, checked

Customer Question

rf266 Samsung fridge, condesor fan not turning on , checked fan - Ok , is this control board issue
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5years old model RF266 AFRS
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: Displays show 88, initial symptom not cooling both freezer and fridge. have reset display and fridge starts to cool but compressor running too hot
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tested fan with external power supply runs good, when fridge first plugged in condenser fan turns on for a couple of seconds then stops, intermittingly turns for a few seconds then stops, no power to connector, evaporator fans on fridge and freezer both working fine and no build up of ice, top left corner of fridge very hot
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Yes if all the other fans and the compressor is running and the condenser fan is not and you have checked the fan and it runs then the main board is not supplying power to the fan when it should be. The board that should be replaced is :

Main Control Board DA41-00413A - click here

The board is located at the back of the unit behind the control cover.

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer 3 stars or higher. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and un-rated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?