Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Frigidaire front load machine is not working. The last

Customer Question

my Frigidaire front load machine is not working. The last cycle didn't finish it didn't drain . I cleaned out the cup that was in the drain line under the drum. I plugged it back in and try to run a cycle and the door locklight comes on and I hear some clicking like it does before it starts to fill, the the door unlocks and the start button flashes. help , please ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
LTF 2140FSO

Press and hold the CANCEL and START buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds and tell me if a code is displayed and if so what is the code, thanks.

If that model does not have a display the download the tech data sheet I have provided below, follow the instructions and tell me what error code the machine is giving.

click here to download/open tech data sheet

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
guess what , Joel. while I was waiting for your response , I located the sheet of which you speak. I ran through the diagnostic and everything was good . I unplugged the unit as instructed , and started a cycle. Currently the unit started a cycle and is functioning correctly. Can you explain that ?

sure, likely what happened is the unit had a drain error so it stopped, you cleaned the trap out and fixed the problem but the error was not reset in the computer until you ran the diagnostics. Once the diagnostics where ran it cleared the code from memory and the unit is now working properly. If you have any more issues with the machine let me know, in the meantime:

*******************************************************************************

I hope you feel my efforts to help you in this matter have been adequate and deserve a rating. If so please rate the answer by clicking on the 3rd star or higher on the star rating system at the top of the page at this time so that I get credit for helping you today it will be greatly appreciated. There will be no extra charges for any follow up questions that may follow and I will still continue to help even after you have rated the answer, Thank You.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
joel, the machine stopped again.it went the wash cycle and now it has stopped on the rinse cycle , as before.

you will need to see what error code the machine is giving you by using the tech data sheet and interpreting the flashing led's in diagnostic mode.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ran out of time joel, can we pick this up tomorrow?
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• It sounds like you have an intermittent door lock. Are you able to retrieve any error codes since it has stopped again?