Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

We have a model #RF267ABWP refrigerator, it is making ice

Customer Question

We have a model #RF267ABWP refrigerator, it is making ice very slowly, some items in the freezer are not frozen solid. Do you have any idea what could be wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Sue the icemaker is not working due to the warmer temps in the unit. I would pull the unit out and remove the back cover and clean out the condenser really good and make sure that is all clean and the fan by the compressor is running. If that does not solve the issue you may have a bigger issue on the unit and may need a tech to check that one out as it is complicated to repair and not DIY friendly.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!