Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Whirlpool Gold Dishwasher (WDT710PAYM6) is filling with

Customer Question

My Whirlpool Gold Dishwasher (WDT710PAYM6) is filling with water, but nothing is coming out of the wash arms. The bottom fills with water and then nothing happens and then it drains. This is only 2 years old. What's wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• After it fills, do you hear any humming or buzzing from the wash motor?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It sounds like it's running. But nothing happens. I can clearly hear the drain running but I'm not sure about the wash motor
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Does it make the sound right after filling?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No sound after it fills. It stays like this for a long time and then eventually I hear it drain.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

On the control board in between the door panels is a small fuse that is in line with the wash motor. I believe that fuse has opened, a very common problem on this model. This fuse is not one that can be replaced, it will require replacing the complete control board. To access the control, remove the screws from around the inner door and separate the panels. The connections on the control all will simply unplug and plug in. Disassembling the door is the hardest part, it will help if you have two people to help once you get the screws out. The control for your model is available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. Thank you so much!