Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Mine is doing this. Not closing completely. Even when I puch

Customer Question

Mine is doing this. Not closing completely. Even when I puch it cloded it still seems to cause defrosting at the top of the chute. When I remove the ice bin the leaking stoops but I get whispy ice crystals forming at the top of the chute.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Jenn-Air JS48PPDUDB00
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice refrigerator! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

In the diagram at the link below, number 5 is the motor that is causing the issue you are having. It will need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE

That part is available below!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That's a Whirlpool part.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

That unit is made by Whirlpool. There may be a kit required, see the attached sheet.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Does your serial number fall in that range?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That PDF wont open. The s/n is QW1457005
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Okay, the serial range affected is S14400000 - S23599999 so yours does not require the new kit. You will just need that motor I linked you to.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok, thx. I will order the motor. If it fixes the problem how do I come back and authorize pmt?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. Thank you so much!