Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a ge wall oven with microwave on top and oven on

Customer Question

I have a ge wall oven with microwave on top and oven on bottom. The door of the oven is open, the light is on (probably because of the door being open) and the lock button is blinking. I can not get the door to close.
I first turned off power and 45 min later turned it on, but the lock button still blinks and the door still does not close. ;HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• Push the light switch plunger in and hold it. While it is held in, start a self clean cycle, all the while holding the light switch plunger in. Then, in about 2 minutes, cancel the clean cycle and see if the door lock disengages. Be sure to keep the light switch plunger pushed in the entire time. Let me know what happens, please.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
With my left hand, pushed the light switch on the inside top of the oven IN and held it the entire time. Then I pushed self clean button and the cycle started and it got hot. Then after 2 minutes, I pushed OFF and the oven stopped. I released the light switch and tried to close the door and it is still open and the LOCK signal on the display blinks, as before. Help
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Did the lock move at all at the start or after turning it off?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The light is a black button and went all the way in to go off and came all the way out. The lock is a metal hook and is immobile ..it never moved to the left or right or in or out. before or after
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The light is now on; the door is ajar; the LOCK sign is blinking
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I hope I am reading this correctly:model # JKP 90D P1BB
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

The door lock assembly has failed and will need to be replaced. The part comes as a new kit that has been redesigned and comes with instructions. The part for your model is available below.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
is there a recall on this part since it was redesigned?
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

There is no recall, they just redesigned the lock and modified the wiring harness.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, thank you .
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

It has been a pleasure helping you! Please let me know if you have additional questions! Thank you!