Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Our MVWC400XW4 washer washed a medium load of clothes last

Customer Question

Our MVWC400XW4 washer washed a medium load of clothes last night but left the clothes dripping wet. Upon trying to re-spin, we found the controls not working as expected. We flipped breaker to cycle power with no aid. Left power off all night and today removed clothes and tried re-starting with only a few items in washer. Starts sensing, but after a min or so, the door unlocks and everything stops. I have to cycle power to get unit to try again, but with same results. I have not found a good next troubleshooting idea. Thanks, ***** *****
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Maytag MVWC400XW4 - Purchased 11/2012
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to troubleshoot enough to determine if I can, or need a service person, or whatever.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We had a thunderstorm yesterday, but just a momentary flicker of power to computer - did not even dim house lights. Some concern that washer controls may have experienced this although the unit was not washing clothes at the time.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The tech sheet for your model is attached. Can you please retrieve and post any stored error codes?